These posts are for recording my experience as an intern at the Project WET Foundation during summer 2012. Based out of Bozeman, MT, “the Project WET Foundation has dedicated itself to the mission of reaching children, parents, teachers and community members of the world with water education.” Beginning June 25th, I am working for 10-12 weeks out of the Bozeman office and anticipate being involved in the following operations throughout my time as an intern:
- shadowing Project WET Foundation executives
- participating in select Foundation department meetings and projects, such as Project WET International, Project WET USA, business/financials, communications, publications, and sales/marketing
- contributing to the research and development of one or two publishing projects, such as Urban Waters Kids In Discovery series (KIDs) activity booklets
- helping run workshops and events for children
- working with staff in researching and writing grant applications
I am excited to expand my experience and leadership beyond the classroom, research arena, and basketball court.